Recall Alert: IQF Frozen Raspberries and Antioxidant Blend Pose Norovirus Risk
Frozen raspberries are a delicious and nutritious snack, but recent news reports have brought the risk of norovirus associated with consumption of certain brands of frozen raspberries to the forefront. In this blog post, we will provide you with information about the recall of IQF frozen raspberries and antioxidant blend and the steps you can take to protect yourself from norovirus.
The recall affects IQF frozen raspberries and antioxidant blend sold under various brand names across the United States and Canada. The recall was initiated after the FDA and the CDC detected norovirus in frozen raspberries originating from Chile. The brands affected by the recall include:
– WinCo Foods
– Fresh Market
– Independently owned and operated stores under the WinCo banner
– Censea, LLC (distributed by UNFI)
– Sunrise Growers (distributed by Pro-Health)
– Valu Market
– Good Sense
– Chelan Fresh
– Harris Teeter
Consumers are advised to immediately discard the affected products or return them to the place of purchase for a refund.
Norovirus is a highly contagious virus that causes inflammation of the stomach or intestines. The symptoms of norovirus include:
– Stomach pain
– Body aches
Norovirus can cause severe dehydration, especially in young children, the elderly, and people with weakened immune systems. It is important to seek medical attention if you experience any of these symptoms.
To protect yourself and your family from norovirus, you should take the following steps:
– Wash your hands often with soap and water, especially before eating or preparing food, after using the bathroom, and after changing diapers or caring for someone who is ill.
– Cook seafood thoroughly and wash fruits and vegetables before eating them.
– Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with norovirus.
– Stay home if you are sick and for at least two days after your symptoms have improved to avoid spreading the virus to others.
Frozen raspberries are a delicious and healthy snack, but it is important to be aware of the risks associated with certain brands. The recall of IQF frozen raspberries and antioxidant blend due to norovirus contamination affects several well-known brands, and consumers are advised to immediately discard or return the affected products. To protect yourself from norovirus, you should wash your hands often, cook seafood thoroughly, and stay home if you are sick. Stay safe and stay healthy!
#recalls #frozenraspberries #norovirus #antioxidantblend #healthwarning #CDC #FDA #healthylifestyle #preventnorovirus #stayhealthy #NEWS